THE NORTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC PARTY JEWISH CAUCUS (NCDPJC)
• There is a growing danger to democracy in our state and country threatening the civil rights of minorities, women, the disabled and the LGBTQ+ communities.
• The rise of authoritarianism, fascism, racism, anti-Semitism and other forms of hatred emboldens these perils and reminds many Jews that we are a generation away from being threatened with annihilation.
• Some partisans are using the Democratic party to propose divisive and impolitic resolutions not pertinent to the concerns of most voters.
• Some of these resolutions display a lack of empathy towards the concerns of Jewish existential concerns specifically those with unbalanced views on Israel dividing the Democratic Party voter base at the worst possible time. We need unity.
In response to these concerns, the North Carolina Democratic Party Jewish Caucus. (NCDPJC) is being formed.
Our goals are to:
• Strengthen and unify the Democratic Party of NC;
• Educate and create forums for valuable meaningful dialogue with fellow Democrats who hold various and opposing views;
• Engage the Jewish community to become more involved in volunteering & supporting the Democratic Party and Democratic candidates;
• Create stronger alliances with other NC Democratic Party affiliated organizations; and
• Find better, more appropriate venues to discuss and develop resolutions supported across the Democratic Party that are substantive, meaningful and embraced because they support unity and help elect local and state Democrats.
Our Mission is to Make NC BLUE & GREEN